Fast & easy meatballs in a yummy gravy that’s sure to be a hit with the family and the budget. Easy enough for the children to help you make too!
Submitted by Paulene Christie
Easy Meatballs & Gravy
Fast & easy meatballs in a yummy gravy that's sure to be a hit with the family and the budget. Easy enough for the children to help you make too!
- 600g pork and veal mince (see notes)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- Instant gravy to make 500ml total volume (see notes)
- Non stick cooking spray
- Combine mince, egg and breadcrumbs with clean hands and roll into small golf ball sized balls
- Spray slow cooker bowl with non stick spray and place raw balls directly into cooker bowl (no need to pre cook/brown)
- Make up gravy as per instructions to 500ml capacity (see notes) and pour over meatballs
- Cook on low for 4hrs
- For this recipe I use Maggi Rich Gravy in the big tubs so I use 50g of gravy powder to 500ml cold water, whisk, then pour over meatballs.
- If using sachet gravy most make up to 250ml capacity of gravy so use 2 sachets and mix with cold water volume stated on packet
- This recipe could also be made in different versions than the pork/veal mix combination
- Chicken mince + chicken gravy
- Pork mince + roast pork gravy
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think