Think of a lush cob loaf – minus the cob! Great for low carb folk, for parties and for entertaining 🙂 A cheesy, creamy dip delight!
Submitted by Paulene Christie
The Cob-less Hot Cob Dip!
Think of a lush cob loaf - minus the cob! Great for low carb folk, for parties and for entertaining 🙂 A cheesy, creamy dip delight!
- 250g Philadelphia cream cheese block
- 2/3 cup cooking cream
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 40g pkt dry French Onion Soup mix
- 150g diced bacon
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 3 Tablespoons of diced fresh chives
- 2/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Lay a sheet of baking paper on bottom of slow cooker bowl (just to protect surface)
- Fill slow cooker bowl with 2cm of water
- Sit a suitably sized (oven proof) serving dish into the water bath in the slow cooker
- I used an oven proof ceramic type dish approx 23cm long, 15cm wide and 7cm deep
- Combine cream cheese, cream, sour cream, soup mix, bacon and tasty cheese in a mixing bowl and combine well
- Transfer to the cooking dish
- Cover using The Tea Towel Trick
- Cook on high for 1hr 30 mins, stirring once during cooking time to combine well as cheeses melt
- Then sprinkle top with diced chives and mozzarella cheese and cook for an additional 15mins, still with tea towel trick in place
- Carefully remove dish from slow cooker, wipe the bottom that is wet, then serve straight to the table
- Serve with carrot, cucumber and celery sticks, bread sticks, and tortilla chips
- Low carb when served with appropriate dipping sides
- You could vary contents to any of your favourite cob fillings if you preferred
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!