Submitted by Paulene Christie
BAKED POTATOES • JACKET POTATOES
- 5 medium washed potatoes, skin on
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Ensure washed potatoes are clean
- Prick each potato 6-10 times with fork all around it
- Place potatoes directly into slow cooker *SEE NOTE*
- Season generously with salt & pepper
- Cook on HIGH for 4-5hrs or until tender
- — Notes
- I cooked these in a 3.5L searing slow cooker - no water added, no oil needed, no foil wrapping needed.
- However if you are using a ceramic bowl slow cooker and prefer to avoid dry cooking, you could place a centimetre of shallow water in bowl first then raise potatoes above this water on a trivet or an oven proof dish etc
- Times can vary depending on size of potatoes you select so allow enough time for your largest ones to cook to tender
- — Fillings
- I topped our with a good dollop of light sour cream, some crispy diced bacon & some fresh green onion slices
- Other options include such selections as cheese, butter, chives, salsa, olives or even leftover taco or bolognaise mince or shredded chicken or pulled pork
- So many options!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!