Submitted by Paulene Christie
Traditional Beef and Vegetable Hot Pot
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1kg gravy beef - diced
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 large onion cut in thin wedges
- 3 small carrots sliced
- 4 sticks of celery sliced
- 4 small red delight potatoes (skin on) diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup beef stock liquid
- 440g can diced tomatoes (liquid included)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp fruit chutney
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas and corn
- Toss beef in flour to coat.
- Sear floured beef in oil until sealed/brown. I did this in searing slow cooker but can be done on stove top then transferred to slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients to slow cooker, except peas and corn.
- Cook on low for 8hrs
- Add peas and corn in last hour
- Remove bay leaves prior to serving.
- Spoon into serving bowl, garnish with fresh parsley and serve with crusty bread rolls.
- Some cookers will cook slower/faster so be sure your potato and carrot is cooked to tender before serving.
- This recipe is great for long all day 8hr+ cooking for those out of the home all day and needing long cooking recipes
- You could also increase the beef stock to double if you like more liquid in your finished dish
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!