A lush Asian inspired teriyaki beef mince made from scratch – budget friendly too!
Submitted by Paulene Christie
A lush Asian inspired teriyaki beef mince made from scratch - budget friendly too!
- 1kg lean beef mince
- 1/2 cup mirin (125ml)
- 1/2 cup sake (125ml)
- 1/2 cup LOW SALT soy sauce (125ml)
- 1/4 cup firm packed brown sugar
- 1 Tblsp minced ginger
- 1 Tblsp minced garlic
- 1Tblsp cornflour + water to thicken
- Combine all ingredients (except the cornflour & water) into slow cooker
- Cook on low for 4.5hrs
- Remove any excess oil that may gather on top (I just use a small measuring cup to scoop mine out)
- If any lumps in your mince, use a plastic potato masher to ensure no lumps remain
- Mix cornflour and water into slurry and stir through mince and continue cooking for remaining 30mins
- Serve with jasmine rice
- Purchase mirin and cooking sake from Asian aisle of supermarkets
- Alcoholic sake is also available at bottle shops for adult eaters if you prefer
- Would be great with chicken mince too
- Low salt soy sauce is preferred
- Cooked in my Crock-Pot Express Crock Multi Cooker
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!