Submitted by Paulene Christie
- 1kg rump or blade steaks
- 250g Mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 Teaspoon sweet paprika
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 Tablespoons oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cooking cream
- Heat 1 tbs of oil in searing slow cooker insert or in pan on stove.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until brown. Remove mushrooms from pan and place aside or into the slow cooker.
- Heat 1tbs of oil in same pan or searing insert and add steaks that have been pre seasoned with salt and pepper. Cook briefly until browned/sealed. Remove from pan and place aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tbs of the oil. Add the sliced onions, thyme and paprika. Stir and cook for 1 minute. Add flour and stir well while cooking for a further 1 minute.
- Pour in apple cider vinegar and chicken stock, scraping together all the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the entire contents of the pan and the onions set aside earlier into the slow cooker. If you were doing the browning in a searing slow cooker then return the mushrooms back to the slow cooker with the onion mix.
- Place browned steaks on top of the mushroom & onion mixture in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove steaks, cover and set aside to keep warm.
- Stir the cream into the liquid in the slow cooker. Heat for 10 minutes then serve over steaks.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think