A lush sweet potato bake – a nice twist on the regular potato bake – so good!
Cooked in a small 1.5L slow cooker. A perfect side dish!
Submitted by Paulene Christie
Sweet Potato Bake
A lush sweet potato bake - a nice twist on the regular potato bake - so good! Cooked in a small 1.5L slow cooker. A perfect side dish!
- 1 extra large sweet potato or 2 medium, sliced (whatever fits in your 1.5L slow cooker)
- 1 medium brown onion, thin sliced
- 200ml cooking cream
- 20g French Onion soup mix (1/2 a regular pkt which is usually 40g)
- 3 Tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce (I prefer sugar free version)
- 1.5 cups of grated tasty cheese
- Layer sweet potato and onion to fill slow cooker almost to top
- Combine the cream, soup mix and sweet chilli sauce and just 1/2 a cup of the cheese
- Pour this mix over vegetables and cook on low in 1.5L slow cooker for 2hrs or until almost tender (not mushy)
- Add the remaining 1 cup of cheese on top and cook for an additional 20mins to melt cheese nicely and finish cooking to tender
- No tea towel required
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think