I never really liked silverside done the traditional way but I came across a recipe on here for sweat and sour silverside and I thought I would do my own quick version of it and it was so tasty it has now become a regular and I love it.
Submitted by Bianca Wiggins
Sweet N Sour Silverside
- Silverside - I use 800g to 900g ones.
- A jar of Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Place silverside in your slow cooker (mine is a 5L one), pour the sweet and sour sauce over it, then pour water in until the silverside is covered in water.
- I then stir the liquid around and put the lid on. I cook it on Low for 11-12 hours as I like mine to fall apart but most people cook on low for about 8 hours.
- I then serve it with cheese sauce and baked veggies that I have cooked in another slow cooker, then finished off in the oven to make them crispy.