Submitted Paulene Christie
Sweet Chilli Pork Chops
- Up to 6 pork chops (or less if you need less for your family)
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 large onion, cut in thin strips
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Optional: 1 tbsp cornflour mixed with enough water to form a paste to thicken your dish at end
- Place pork chops on base of slow cooker
- Scatter onion strips on top
- Combine all other ingredients and pour over
- Replace lid and cook on low for approx 6hrs
- If your sauce is runny at the end of cooking time, remove pork chops to serving plates, add cornflour slurry and increase heat to high, stirring for approx 5mins to form a thicker glossy sauce to pour over your chops.
- We served ours with couscous and steamed Asian greens
- You can alter the heat of the dish via the choice of your sweet chilli sauce (mild to hot). Our youngest who is under 3 enjoyed this dish with a mild sauce used.
- You can change up the pork used to whatever pork cut/chop/steak you like or have on hand.
- If you use low sugar sweet chili sauce (I love the Ayum brand for this) it fits into a LOW CARB eating plan, especially if you go easy on the sauce when plating 🙂
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!