Submitted by Rhonda Dew
Stewed Rhubarb and Apple
- 1 bunch rhubarb chopped into 2cm pieces
- 3 green apples peeled chopped up
- The vanilla from inside one vanilla bean
- 1 cinnamon stick
- A splash of water
- 1. Chop us Rhubarb into 2 cm pieces and place in slow cooker (do not use the leaves as these are poisonous)
- 2. Peel and Chop apples and place in slow cooker
- 3. Cut Vanilla pod down the center and scrape out the black paste add add to slow cooker
- 4. Place Cinnamon stick on top of ingredients
- 5. add a splash of water over the top of ingredients
- 6. Place lid on top and turn slow cooker onto HIGH
- This can be used to accompany porridge, cereal, have with ice cream or yogurt.
- Cook as a crumble, slice or whatever you like.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!