Submitted by Paulene Christie
Spicy Shredded Mexican Chicken - perfect for tacos/wraps
- 1kg of skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 1.5 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 x 435g can refried beans
- Place chicken in slow cooker
- Combine all other ingredients and pour over chicken
- Stir to combine
- Cook on low for 5hrs approximately (slow cookers will vary)
- The thigh fillets will release enough liquid to keep meat moist
- When cooked use two forks or utensils to pull apart the meat to a shredded consistency.
- Serving on flat tortilla wraps with avocado, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, cheese and sour cream for a Mexican night!
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
2 thoughts on “Spicy Shredded Mexican Chicken – perfect for tacos/wraps”
Very nice, big hit with the family. Will definitely make again.
Made this today and loved it. Because I was wanting to use it for enchiladas I only used 500 grams of diced chicken, replaced the refried-beans with cannellini beans because kids prefer them, added extra chili flakes, we like spice and a grated zucchini. Put it all in my 3L and cooked on high for 1 1/2 hours. Once cooked wrapped in mini tortillas with a little grated cheese. Placed in 7L sc and topped with salsa and a little cheese and cooked on high for 1 1/2 hours. Served with a dollop of sour cream