Submitted by Kat Pryde
Slow Cooker Yoghurt
- 2 litres milk
- 1 cup plain yoghurt (with cultures)
- 2 cups powdered milk
- Sweetener: sugar or honey
- Flavour: berries
- 1. Add 2 litres of full cream milk into the crock pot and warm on low for 2 hours.
- 2. Unplug the crockpot and let it sit for 3 hours.
- 3. Whisk 1 cup of plain natural yoghurt (starter culture) and2 cups full cream milk powder with two cups of the warm milk from the crockpot.
- * if you would like to sweeten your yoghurt, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of sugar or honey here
- * if using pre frozen starter from your last yoghurt batch remove it from the freezer at step 1 to give it time to defrost before adding it in at this step.
- 4. Add the mixture to the crockpot and whisk together.
- 5. Cover the Crock pot with the lid and wrap it with a thick bath towel or blanket. Leave it to sit for 8-12 hours.
- 6. Add your choice of flavour and berries.
- # Mixture is a little runny.
- ## NOTE:Based on recipe from zestio.com
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think