Submitted by Paulene Christie
Slow Cooked Mexican Taco Mince
- 1kg minced lean beef
- 1.5 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Brown mince and drain fat. I did this in a searing slow cooker or you can do so in a frypan on stovetop.
- Combine herbs and spices and add to mince in slow cooker. Stir to combine. Add water.
- Cook on high for 2hrs or low for 4hrs. Stir occasionally if nearby.
- Serve with tacos or your other favourite Mexican meal!
- This had average heat/spice like a regular store bought taco seasoning so was child friendly for our family. Increase chilli if you like more heat 🙂
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
7 thoughts on “Slow Cooked Mexican Taco Mince”
Tasted just like the packet – only better 🙂
Do I need to brown the mince? just short of time so hoping I can miss that step
Sure you can skip if you need to 🙂
Tried this today and the kids loved it! Had with taco shells and wraps with salad for the family and used lettuce leaves to wrap mine for low carb. Won’t be using that packet stuff any more ☺ Thank you
This recipe I gave me the best taco mince I’ve ever made! No fatty oils in it, great flavour and just perfect mince 😊 I reduced the amount of chilli flakes to 1/2 tsp as we are not fans of spice and it still packed a punch! Will definitely make my taco mince this way from now on and add a little tomato paste next time. Highly recommend 👌👌👌
So easy and delicious. I added salt to mine and a red capsicum. I also did 1.5 the amount of spices mix as I like the flavours to be strong. I omitted the chilli for the kids sake. We will freeze the leftovers for another taco night 🙂
Love this recipe, too easy. Added extra chilli for the heat lovers here.