Submitted by Paulene Christie
Singapore Noodles with Chicken, Prawns and Chinese BBQ Pork
- 2tsp sesame oil
- 1 chicken thigh fillet, thin sliced
- 1Tbsp mirin
- 1Tbsp sake
- 2Tbsp salt reduced soy sauce
- 1Tbsp brown sugar
- 2tsp curry powder
- 2tsp garlic minced
- 1tsp minced ginger
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 onion, thin sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thin sliced
- 6 large green prawns, peeled
- 100g Chinese BBQ pork sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock (made with hot tap water)
- 2 squares/cakes of rice noodles 125g
- 4 eggs, whisked, cooked and sliced (see method)
- Place sesame oil, chicken strips, mirin, sake, soy sauce, brown sugar, curry, garlic, ginger, pepper and sliced onion into slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 45 minutes or until chicken strips cooked through.
- During this time cook egg (in pan on stove or in microwave in large surfaced dish for 3-4minutes to produce a thin omelette result, then slice cooked egg omelette into ribbons) and set aside in fridge until adding in final step of recipe.
- Add sliced capsicum and BBQ pork slices and cook for additional 15mins
- Add green prawns and stir through then sit noodles on top and pour over the hot liquid chicken stock and cook for total 30 minutes more cooking time.
- At approx. 10 and 20mins into this cooking time give it a good stir to pull apart the noodle blocks and combine noodles with other ingredients after they have softened.
- Add cooked egg ribbons to slow cooker and mix through, then serve immediately.
- You can vary the meats to suit your tastes
- I buy the BBQ pork in slices from the supermarket deli counter
- I use a 5L slow cooker
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!