Submitted by Karen Stuckings
- 3 cups self raising flour (400grams) plus extra for flouring board
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cayenne Pepper (pinch or two, I use two but this is to your taste)
- ½ cup grated cheese (I used mozzarella but can use other if prefer)
- ½ cup grated zucchini
- 3 pieces shortcut bacon chopped (if using other bacon fry off fat and allow to cool before adding)
- 1 chopped shallot
- 1 cup milk (little more if needed)
- Sour cream or butter for serving
- Sift flour then add rest of ingredients apart from milk and mix using a knife. Slowly add milk until a soft dough is formed still using knife.
- Place on floured board and knead 3 times only. Using a floured rolling pin roll out to 1 inch thick. Cut into squares.
- Place in a lined sc with tea towel under lid, I like to leave a small gap between them to allow heat to come through between them to cook more evenly. They will still join but I have found having the gap at the beginning works better for me.
- Cook for 1 hours on high or until cooked. Serve warm or cold with butter or sour cream or both.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think