Submitted by Holly Lynch
Sausage Hot Pot Soup
- 12 or more Sausages
- Large diced Onion
- 2 or 3 diced cloves of Garlic
- 1 litre of Beef stock
- Tin of Baked Beans
- Tin of rinsed Three Bean Mix
- Tin of Corn, with its water
- Tin of Tomato Soup
- Cup of chopped Celery
- 2 peeled & chopped Carrots
- 2 peeled Potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 Sweet Potato if you fancy it.
- Pinch of Turmeric
- Italian Herb mix
- Fresh chopped Parsley
- 2 Bay Leaves
- A dessert spoon of brown sugar if you find its too acidic.
- Cracked Pepper
- Pinch of Salt
- * You could add a pinch or two of curry powder if you like.
- * You can also add Turnips, Parsnips or Swedes which is especially great for menopausal women.
- Pre cook sausages briefly, or use leftover sausages. Drain on paper towel.
- This isn’t necessary but less fatty than cooking raw sausages in the soup.
- Cut sausages into bite size pieces, add to slow cooker with all other ingredients.
- Top up with extra water to cover everything.
- Cook on Low for 6- 8 hrs.
- Leftovers freezes well
- This is a family favourite passed down from my lovely Mum, Dottie.
- Serve with crusty bread and butter.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think