A versatile, flavourful, poached chicken fillet to use in one of many meals of your choice suggested above – low carb friendly too!
Submitted by Paulene Christie
Poached Asian Chicken
A versatile, flavourful, poached chicken fillet to use in one of many meals of your choice suggested above - low carb friendly too!
- 2 chicken breasts (see notes in method below)
- 2 cups liquid chicken stock
- 1 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 1 heaped tsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Place chicken fillets into slow cooker
- Combine all other ingredients and pour over
- Cook on high for approx 90 mins or until cooked through for the amount of chicken you use (see Notes)
- I turned mine half way during cooking
- Serve whole, sliced or shredded depending on how you wish to use it
- Great for sandwiches, salads, pizza toppers, wraps, as a main course with veg or salad or any way you can think of!
- You can easily increase the amount of chicken you use and still have enough liquid. Just ensure chicken is mostly
- covered and flip it half way to get colour on both sides.
- You could also use chicken thigh fillets which I find produce a more moist result than breast generally in slow cooking.
- Great Low Carb option.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!