Submitted by Paulene Christie
Oriental Orange Chicken
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets
- 1/2 cups of strong chicken stock
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup of sliced shallots
- Optional: Cornflour to thicken
- Place chicken in slow cooker bowl.
- Combine stock, sauce, garlic, and marmalade and pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5hrs
- Add sliced shallots for the last 30mins of cooking time.
- Optional: Mix cornflour to a paste with water and add to slow cooker bowl in last half hour to thicken dish prior to serving if needed.
- Tastes great served with brown rice and steamed vegetables 🙂
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
2 thoughts on “Oriental Orange Chicken”
Delicious & fresh taste. I added frozen veg to mine in the last 30mins rather than dirty another pot. Served on rice!
This was very nice i did add some chilli flakes just to my taste as I don’t like a lot of heat and instead of thickening the sauce and using rice i added two packets of two minute noodles, i left them to cook for about five minutes then stirred them through the chicken and sauce, i served this with steamed ribbons of carrot, beans and broccolini . This dish can be quite sweet from the marmalade, next time I will try the IXL 50% less sugar jam.