A great complete meal all in one, grab a bowl, grab a spoon and just tuck in!
Vegetables, sausages and rice in a mango sauce 🙂
Submitted by Paulene Christie
Mango Sausages, Rice and Veg
A great complete meal all in one, grab a bowl, grab a spoon and just tuck in! Vegetables, sausages and rice in a mango sauce 🙂
- 16 small chipolata beef sausages (or 8 regular sausages cut)
- 1litre of mango nectar (can also use apricot nectar instead)
- 40g sachet of dry french onion soup mix (no water added)
- 500g bag of frozen, small diced vegetables
- 500g COOKED rice, any kind you prefer (see notes)
- Add vegetables to slow cooker
- Add sausages
- Combine nectar and french onion and pour over
- Cook on low 5hrs
- Add cooked rice, heat through for an extra 30mins then serve as a great one pot dinner!
- I used easy microwave rice packets (2 x 150g) that cook in 90 seconds, but this recipe would also be a great way to use up leftover cooked rice too. Adding the rice to the pot helps it to soak up the liquids in the dish and make a nice saucy end result
- Second meal option: My kids wanted extra of the sausages last night so we were left with just saucy rice and veg mix today in leftovers. This will make a great side dish tonight for another meal - mango rice with vegetables 🙂
- No need to pre brown the sausages, they go in raw
- Use white, brown, jasmine etc, any rice you prefer, so long as it's cooked first
- Cooked in a 6L slow cooker and it made a large pot full
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!