A super easy ‘cheats’ version you can prepare in literally under 3 minutes
Submitted by Paulene Christie
Macaroni Meatballs in Minutes!
A super easy 'cheats' version you can prepare in literally under 3 minutes
- 2 pkts of 20 ready-made small meatballs (raw or cooked - see notes below in method)
- 1 x 700g large pasta sauce
- 250g uncooked macaroni
- 1 and 1/4 cup boiling water
- The entire purpose of this meal is to make it in minutes.
- Sure you can make your own meatballs (I usually do) ... but this one is specifically for those days you literally have no time!
- For this recipe we are dealing with the raw, ready made meatballs that you can buy from the supermarket
- (in Notes below I will also explain the option of cooked, ready made meatballs in this recipe instead)
- Place raw meatballs directly into the slow cooker bowl
- Pour over pasta sauce
- DO NOT STIR - If you don't stir until the end of cooking time they won't fall apart.
- Leave to cook on low for approx 4hrs
- Stir gently to mix
- Add macaroni and boiling water and stir gently to combine
- Continue to cook on low for approx 30mins only or until pasta is cooked to your liking.
- Pasta will absorb much of the liquid in your dish - that's why we add extra water at this stage but the end dish will not be watery
- If you dish dries out too much you can always add a splash more hot water
- Serve straight from the slow cooker with a scattering of grated cheese for a super easy dinner!
- You can also cook the pasta separately if you prefer and just stir it through at the end prior to serving
- You can also use ready cooked meatballs, just reduce cooking time to 2hrs on low instead
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think