Don’t buy your take away kebabs/gyros … slow cook them!
Submitted by Di Rowlands
Don't buy your take away kebabs/gyros ... slow cook them!
- 1kg lamb mince
- 2 teaspoons mixed herbs
- 3 teaspoons onion salt
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Mix lamb mince and all above ingredients VERY VERY well together until it is a sticky consistency.
- Form into a loaf shape.
- Wrap in baking paper or foil (optional)
- Place directly in slow cooker(no liquid needed)
- Cook on LOW for 5-6 hours OR
- HIGH for 3-4 hours (depending on your slow cooker)
- When cooked, let rest for 10-15 mins.
- Slice thinly.
- Serve with lettuce, tomato, red onion, cheese and sauce of your choice (we like tzatziki with lamb).
- Roll up in Lebanese bread, put in sandwich press to crisp up the bread and melt the cheese. Enjoy😊
- This mix can be made ahead and frozen to be used at a later time. Always defrost first,then cook as per instructions
- If you are reheating leftovers in a microwave, add a splash of water over the slices, to keep it moist and prevent drying out
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!