Submitted by Paulene Christie
Homestyle Chicken & Veg Casserole
- 0.5kg - 1kg skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into chunks
- 1 can cream of chicken condensed soup
- 1 pkt frozen diced vegetables or 2-3 cups of diced fresh veg of your choice
- 1/3 cup dried peas
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 diced onion
- cracked black pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock/broth
- 1-2 grated potatoes *added 2hrs prior to serving to thicken the sauce*
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on LOW for approx 6hrs
- Add grated potato to the pot approx 2hrs before serving as this will thicken the dish straight away and allow time for it to cook through before serving.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
5 thoughts on “Homestyle Chicken & Veg Casserole”
Very yummy! I use as a pie filling.
Cooked this tonight but instead of grated potatoes I thicken with cornflour. Absolutely delicious, I’ll be making again for my grandchildren. Thank you Paulene
Hi, could you please tell about the dried peas? Are they split peas? I haven’t seen dried peas before.
Hi Jennifer, these are dried peas like dehydrated green peas (not split pea kind) You could also use frozen peas added a little later into the cooking
Loved this. Will definitely make again