Submitted by Paulene Christie
Glazed Slow Cooked Christmas Ham – Maple & Mustard
- 1 whole or half leg of ham (see notes in method)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- whole Cloves
- Place ham in slow cooker bowl
- If using a leg ham prepare it by removing the skin, leaving minimal fat layer on. Lightly score the top of the ham to form a cross hatch pattern.
- *note* You can use other cuts of ham that don’t have the fat layer, if so just score the surface of it still to allow the baste flavours to seep in during cooking
- In a saucepan combine syrup, sugar, juice and mustard's (whisk to combine). Stir constantly over heat until sugar dissolves then set aside.
- Stud the ham with cloves, one in each diamond if you like for presentation purposes.
- Liberally brush ham with glaze and cook on low for 5hrs (it's really only heating the ham and infusing the flavours to this time can be adjusted if need be)
- Continue to brush with further glaze throughout the cooking process - every half hour if possible - for maximum flavour
- (I personally remove the cloves before carving)
- Serve with additional creamy mustard if desired 🙂
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think