A creamy cauliflower soup with prosciutto – also suitable for low carb lovers!
Submitted by Paulene Christie
Creamy Cauli & Prosciutto Soup - Low Carb
A creamy cauliflower soup with prosciutto - also suitable for low carb lovers!
- 500g cauliflower florets, chopped
- 4 cups/1L vegetable stock (reduced salt if you prefer)
- 1 x 250g block Philadelphia cream cheese cubed
- 1 heaped tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 200g prosciutto sliced into short strips
- 2 tsp butter
- Place cauliflower, stock, mustard and cream cheese into slow cooker
- Cook on LOW for 3hrs
- When soup is almost finished this 3hr cooking time, pan fry your prosciutto in butter until crisped
- Reserve a small amount of crisp prosciutto for garnish
- Using a stick blender blend the soup contents until smooth. I did this in another bowl to preserve the surface of my slow cooker then returned it to the slow cooker once blended.
- Add remaining prosciutto to soup, stir to combine and continue to cook on LOW for another 2hrs for depth of flavour
- Serve witha scattering of cooked prosciutto
- The pan frying step could be done as step 1 in a searing slow cooker if you prefer not to dirty extra dishes, then set aside in fridge until needed
- You may prefer to add your prosciutto to soup as is without the pan crisping - that's ok too
- Serve as a soup entree or main
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!