Submitted by Paulene Christie
Classic Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- 1 large peeled, seeded and chopped Jarendale pumpkin (you can also use butternut pumpkin instead)
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups liquid chicken stock
- Fresh garlic chives
- 2 tbsp purchased dried pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Cream or sour cream
- Combine all ingredients into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6hrs.
- When finished cooking blend with stick mixer for smooth consistency.
- In a small fry pan on stovetop, heat olive oil and lightly toast pumpkin seeds, stirring/moving as you do so to ensure none burn. It only takes about 3-5minutes to toast to golden.
- Serve pumpkin soup into bowls, swirl with a dollop of cream and scatter with chives and toasted pumpkin seeds.
- Can be increased to 8hr cooking time if needed
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
13 thoughts on “Classic Creamy Pumpkin Soup”
Absolutely beautiful!! Came out so creamy & so tasty – a perfect winter belly warmer!!
This was the best pumpkin soup!
Will never use any other recipe again.
Although I didn’t use any of the garnish but cream 🙂
Wow thanks <3
I made this tonight and hubby and I had seconds! So delicious! I added lactose free sour cream to garnish.
Made this today, I added some diced sweet potato and it tastes amazing!
Made this last night…I actually cut the pumpkin in quarters, deserved and roasted in the oven for 40 mins, allowed to cool slightly then scooped the flesh into the slow cooker, didn’t peel the spuds or carrots and just cut quickly in large chunks…this was delicious
How much cream? Sorry
Just a spoon or two per bowl to serve
Creamy pumpkiny goodness 🙂
Absolutely loved this soup. The only thing I added was 1tspn of curry powder 👌
Made this the other day. Could only get Kent Pumpkin but still amazing. I gobbled up a bowl as soon as it was ready.
Will try butternut pumpkin next time. A really nice healthy soup. 😁