Submitted by Paulene Christie
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 whole lemon
- Juice of another lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- Cornflour to thicken
- Make a cut in a lemon and stuff it with 1-2 cloves of garlic
- Place the lemon inside the chicken's 'clacker' ... that is it's cavity *wink*
- Combine the juice of a 2nd lemon with quarter cup each of honey and soy sauce.
- Pour over chicken and cook on low 6 hrs or until cooked through (varies between slow cookers)
- I keep spooning liquid over during cooking to achieve this rich color
- Thicken liquid with corn flour ( 1-2 tablespoons made into a paste and stirred into the slow cooker liquid) at the end for an amazing sauce.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think