A zesty fresh low carb silverside – with the option of all in the one pot sides!
Submitted by Paulene Christie
Citrus Silverside + Sides
A zesty fresh low carb silverside - with the option of all in the one pot sides!
Silverside (low carb)
- 1-2kg piece of corned silverside/brisket
- 1.25L sparkling mineral water
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- Oven bag
- Vegetables of choice
- Remove silverside from packaging, rinse, place in slow cooker
- Slice each lemon and lime in half and add to slow cooker
- Pour over 1.5L sparkling mineral water
- It's ok if it doesn't completely cover the silverside. I turn mine over half way if I'm home. I don't worry if I don't.
- Cook on high for approx 6-7hrs
- Peel/wash vegetables of your choice.
- Place them in an over bag.
- Tie bag and pierce at top as per oven bag instructions to allow venting.
- Slowly submerge the bag gently into the slow cooker beside your silverside at the desired time remaining (below), leaving the pierced area and tie above water level.
- Times: Hard vegetables like potato, carrot, sweet potato etc add bag 3hrs prior to silverside finish time. Soft vegetables like zucchini, asparagus, broccoli etc add the bag approx 1hr prior to silverside finish time. You can add multiole bags if they fit 🙂
- Check vegetable tenderness to be sure it's done to your liking.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think