Submitted by Chris Stanton
Christmas Fruit Mince
- 450g peeled, cored, chopped, cooking apples (about 3 apples with a tart flavour)
- 115g chopped, candied peel
- 115g washed and chopped, glace cherries
- 115g chopped, ready to eat apricots
- 115g chopped, blanched almonds
- 150ml brandy ( keep half for end of cooking) Can be omitted if want
- 225g currants
- 225g sultanas
- 450g seedless raisons
- 225g soft dark brown sugar
- 225g suet
- grated zest and juice of 2 lemons and 2 oranges
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon all spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- half teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg (can be omitted)
- Add all ingredients to Slow cooker BUT only half of the brandy.
- Cook on HIGH for one hour..... then cook on LOW for a further hour. Stir and turn off.
- When contents of slow cooker are cooked and cooled stir in rest of brandy
- Spoon into sterilised jars.
- Will keep for up to a year but once a jar is opened will keep for about 2 weeks.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think