Submitted by Simon Christie
Chinese Satay Beef
- 200ml chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 140ml coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons corn flour
- 2 teaspoons crushed ginger
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 red capsicum (sliced)
- 4 spring onions (diagonal cut)
- 1 brown onion (wedge cut)
- 500 grams slow cook beef .. DICED (rump, chuck, round)
- 3 tablespoons corn flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place beef and 3 tablespoons of corn flour in freezer bag and twist top to seal and gently shake up to coat. Allow to rest for ten minutes.
- Mix in a separate bowl your sauce ingredients and set aside for now
- Brown/Sear your floured beef with oil for up to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to your slow cooker insert.
- Add in onion wedges and capsicum.
- Pour over your satay sauce.
- Place lid on and turn on your cooker for 3 hours LOW
- Add spring onions and stir.
- Replace lid and cook on LOW for another hour.
- Enjoy making and eating!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!