Submitted by Paulene Christie
- 1kg skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 250g button mushrooms, chunky cut
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried tarragon
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 150ml cooking cream
- 1 tbsp cornflour + 2tsp water
- Place chicken thighs and flour into a clean plastic freezer bag and secure tightly (leaving air in bag) and shake to flour chicken pieces.
- Sear floured chicken in butter until sealed and slightly browned. I did this in my searing slow cooker, or you can do it on the stove top. Transfer sealed chicken to slow cooker.
- Add onion, mushroom, garlic, thyme, tarragon, S&P to slow cooker.
- Combine stock and wine and pour over.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5hrs approx.
- Prior to serving, remove chicken with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Mix cornflour with 2 tsp water to form smooth liquid.
- Return searing slow cooker to hotplate (or transfer sauce to saucepan on stove) and add cream.
- Add cornflour mix and stir over heat for approx 5mins until nice thick sauce consistency is achieved.
- Serve chicken with sauce poured over.
- Serve on brown rice or on creamy mashed potato, with steamed vegetables.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think