Submitted by Denise Roberts
Chicken Chow Mein
- 350g packet fresh chow mein noodles (or Hokkien noodles)
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 400g chicken thigh fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 medium brown onion, cut into wedges
- 1 small carrot, peeled, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 410g can whole baby corn spears, drained, halved lengthways
- 100g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small baby wombok (Chinese cabbage), trimmed, roughly shredded
- 3 spring onions, cut into 5cm lengths
- Place chicken, onions, carrot, spring onions, wombok and baby corn into the slow cooker.
- In a bowl combine; ginger, garlic, cornflour, soy, oyster sauce, sesame and peanut oil.
- Pour sauce over chicken and stir. Cover and cook for 4hrs, low.
- 1 hr before serving add mushrooms.
- 10 mins before serving prepare noodles as directed on package (put to side).
- Divide noodle between 3-4 bowls and pour chicken and sauce over the top.
- Note: Cooked in 5.5L Contempo SC which cooks at a higher heat. Times may vary.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
3 thoughts on “Chicken Chow Mein”
this has become a favourite of mine…even made it on stove top. Used stir fry veg as well and other times what vegies were in recipe…I have made it without ginger and still worked a treat….nice and easy for a mummy who is looking for a lazy but healthy meal and left overs taste great
Came out quite bland unfortunately. Won’t be cooking again.
This is a beautiful meal
Love the flavours of the sauce.
I added some frozen stir fry veggies to use up.
Nectarine I will add some water chestnuts towards the end of cooking.
Winner winner chicken dinner ❤😜🏆🏆🏆