Versatile Mexican mince for tacos, wraps, tortillas, pizzas, salads – anything!
Submitted by Paulene Christie
Cheesy Mexican Mince
Versatile Mexican mince for tacos, wraps, tortillas, pizzas, salads - anything!
- 1kg lean beef mince
- 1 small green capsicum (pepper) fine diced
- 1 x 35g taco seasoning mix
- 375g jar Enchilada sauce
- 200g mild chunky salsa
- I.5 cups grated tasty cheese
- Combine all ingredients except cheese and add to slow cooker
- Press down to achieve a nice flat spread of the mince
- For this recipe I used The Tea Towel Trick deliberately as I wanted to be sure the dish wasn't too moist for it to be used in the desired ways at the end
- Cook on low for 3hrs 30mins
- Spread grated cheese over mince and cook for another 30mins for cheese to melt
- You could increase the heat of the spice by using spicy salsa and enchilada sauce instead of mild
- Taco filling
- On Mexican Wraps + salad
- In Salads
- On Mexican pizzas
- In lettuce cups
- On bread rolls with salad
- Also nice with a dollop of sour cream and a side salad
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!