RESTAURANT QAULITY!! You’ll never buy a butter chicken again 🙂
Submitted by Anon
RESTAURANT QAULITY!! You'll never buy a butter chicken again 🙂
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (420ml/14-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 (175ml/6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or more, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1kg boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves (coriander)
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, tomato paste, flour, garam masala, curry powder, chili powder and ginger powder until well combined and slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place chicken into slow cooker.
- Add the sauce and combine.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 hours.
- Add the cilantro in the last hour
- Optional ... the photo of the recipe above has 300ml of cooking cream stirred through in the last half hour before serving for a creamy consistency.
- Photo updated at request of recipe submitter
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!