Submitted by Alicia Lowe
Bourbon BBQ Beef Spare Ribs
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1.5-2kg+ of beef spare ribs or pork ribs
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. Place ribs into slow cooker with dry spices and rub in.
- 2. Add all wet ingredients and garlic to the slow cooker and give a good mix. Then put on high for an hour then low for 5-6 hours.
- 3. Transfer ribs to a oven tray and cover with foil or a lid and place in the oven at 150 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes, glazing it with the sauce from the slow cooker half way through.
- 4. Scoop out sauce from the slow cooker and place into a pan and reduce on high heat till thickened to your liking.
- 5. Drizzle or drench ribs in reduced sayce and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
5 thoughts on “Bourbon BBQ Beef Spare Ribs”
These are amazing, very simple recipe with fantastic results, the only thing I did differently was marinade over night, not sure it will have made any difference to the taste though.
These are DEVINE!! I make them all the time. I usually don’t cook them in the oven or reduce the sauce and they are still amazing. I do skim the fat off the leftover sauce before spooning it over the ribs when serving.
Absolutely amazing! Fall apart and melt in your mouth. Must try!!
I have this in the slow cooker now and it’s quite spicy even for me who loves spicy food how can I reduce the spiciness please
Hi Helen sorry I missed your question yesterday when you were cooking this. How did it go? 🙂