Submitted by Paulene Christie
Beef Strips in Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1kg gravy/chuck beef
- 2-3 tbsp plain flour to coat
- 1 onion thin sliced
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 cloves garlic diced fine
- 1/2 cup sweet soy sauce (Kecap Manis) - this is not regular soy sauce
- Shallots and sesame seeds to garnish
- Slice beef into thin stir-fry style strips.
- Add beef to bag with flour and shake to coat beef well in flour.
- Add beef to searing slow cooker or fry pan along with onion and sear until sealed/brown.Return beef to slow cooker or insert to slow cooker ready to slow cook from this stage on.
- Combine stock cubes, water, garlic and sweet soy sauce and stir to combine.
- Pour over beef and cook on low for 3hrs.
- Stir half way if able to - ok if not.
- Garnish with sliced shallots and sesame seeds when plated.
- Serve with brown rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!