A sweet fruity crockpot cake or dessert with the family friendly flavours of strawberry and banana!
So tasty and so easy to slow cook!
Submitted by Paulene Christie
A sweet fruity crockpot cake or dessert with the family friendly flavours of strawberry and banana! So tasty and so easy to slow cook!
- 2 cups of SR flour (I use wholemeal flour but you can use white if you prefer)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 x 250g punnet of fresh strawberries
- 1 large rip banana
- Combine flour, eggs, cinnamon, oil and sugar in a large mixing bowl and mix well
- Wash and tip the strawberries
- Using a stick blender or food processor, blend strawberries and sliced banana well
- Add blended fruit to cake mix and combine well
- Make a shallow water bath (1-2cm) in the base of your slow cooker.
- I use a silicone loaf tin with a spritz of oil. You can line it with baking paper if you prefer.
- Pour cake mix into loaf tin
- Cook on HIGH for 1hr 20minutes with the TEA TOWEL TRICK in place (you can search tea towel on our blogs tab to read all about how this works)
- Test with a skewer inserted into cake that it comes out clean to know it's done as some cookers may vary in cooking times and it may appear moister on top then it is inside.
- Cool on rack then enjoy a thick slice on it's on, spread with butter, or serve warm with ice cream as a dessert if you rather 🙂
- Great for lunchboxes or served with a cup of tea.
- My 11 year old son helped to create and cook this cake today so it's easy enough for your children to be involved in helping you cook too if you like 🙂
- My cooking times were based on a 7L Breville slow cooker
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think