Submitted by Paulene Christie
Aussie Lamb Shanks
- 6 lamb shanks
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1T vegemite
- 8-10 hand length stalks of fresh rosemary
- Place raw lamb shanks into slow cooker (be sure to remove the plastic sleeve on the bone knuckle that many have on them)
- In a microwave safe cup combine honey and vegemite and heat for 30secs then stir well to combine
- Brush this all over the shanks until all coated
- Lay rosemary over shanks (keep them on the stalk so you can easily remove them at the end prior to serving)
- Cook on AUTO for 8hrs – which is 2hrs high then 6hrs low … or cook them on just LOW for 8-10hrs.
- I used a 7L searing slow cooker for mine which enabled me to place them in a single layer but if you need to stack them that’s ok too – just rotate position half way through cooking
- This recipe also features in our Family Favourites recipe book, available on the shop page of this website
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!