Submitted by Paulene Chrisite
Asian Inspired Whole Chicken
- 1 x 2.5kg chicken
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp fine diced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- Place chicken in slow cooker - breast down
- Combine all other ingredients and pour over chicken
- Cook on low for 6hrs (less for smaller chicken)
- Baste/spoon sauces over chicken as often as you can (hrly if possible) to achieve a rich final colour.
- Serve with vegetables or salads.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think