Submitted by Paulene Christie
Apple Windsor - Fast 'n' Easy
- 1 x 800g can of pie apple
- 1 x 340g pkt vanilla cake mix
- (+Include ingredients needed to make the sponge mix as per it's packet instructions eg milk, egg)
- Pour the pie apple directly into the base of your slow cooker and sprinkle generously with cinnamon.
- Mix cake mix up as per packet directions.
- Pour batter over apples, trying to cover all the surface area of the apple with cake.
- Cover with tea towel and cook on HIGH for 90mins approx or when skewer inserted comes out clean
- Sever with cream or ice-cream 🙂
- - I used a 5L slow cooker so the surface area is not too large.
- - You can always make this in another dish inside your cooker if you worry yours will spread out too flat in a large one (see Cakes 101)
- - The pie mix is one with not a lot of liquid in the can, it's the soft, almost mashed, canned apples you are looking for.
- - If you want to make your own cake mix instead of the packet cake you can of course do so - we used a packet mix deliberately in this recipe as we wanted this to be a fast easy dish to whip up 🙂
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!