Why use your slow cooker for that!?
When I tell people what we cook in slow cookers I often get looks of confusion, wonder and even disbelief!
So many people think slow cookers are for soups, stews and the occasional corned beef/silverside only.
So when I tell them that we do anything from soups, casseroles and roasts to even lasagna, cakes, fudge, pavlova, scones, rice and even breads and scrolls they often look at my like I’ve completely lost my marbles >.<
So here is what members of our Facebook group ‘Slow Cooker Recipes 4 Families‘ gave as reason why they choose to use their slow cooker for dishes that are traditionally cooked in other appliances:
- – Less time standing in the kitchen cooking – great for people with pain and disability limitations
- – Less chance of burning the meal
- – Saving money on cheaper cuts of meat for slow cooking and the end result is still tender
- – Saving money on buying less take away/impulse/convenience meals
- – More free time for family during the busy dinner time hours
- – Handy for people who don’t have the option of a traditional oven
- – Less oil needed in cooking so a healthier cooking option
- – Less dishes/clean up
- – Less heat in the kitchen
- – More intense flavours
- – Less risk in the kitchen for little ones around boiling water and spitting fat etc
- – More delicious smells throughout the house and all day long at that
- – Because they enjoy the challenge of making a traditional dish a non traditional way
- – Because they enjoy slow cooking
- – Because they can!So what about you?
Why do you do it?
Use our comments section below to tell us your reasons 🙂