Submitted by Rebekka Currie
Zucchini, Leek and Bacon Soup
- 4 Zucchini
- 1to 2 Leeks
- 1 Small to Med brown onion
- 2 sticks of celery
- a few cloves of garlic
- 500gms or more of bacon (fat removed)
- Chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- herbs of your choice (I usually use thyme)
- To finish cream and extra bacon pieces fried until crispy.
- Chop all the vegetables into chunks, cop garlic into quarters and chop bacon into a large dice.
- You can saut the onion, garlic and leek first or just add them straight into the slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except cream and extra bacon. Cover with chicken stock till it just covers. Cook until vegetables are soft them blitz the mixture until desired consistency.
- High for 3 hours or low for 5 to 6 hours
- Serve and add some cream and garnish with the extra bacon. Serve with crusty bread.
- You don't have to add the cream if you are dairy intolerant its just as yummy.
- I have also made this with chicken instead of the bacon.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think