Submitted by Robyn Clark
Yum Chicken (Dijon and Maple syrup)
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillets
- 1 Tablespoon cornflour .
- 1/2 cup of Dijon mustard ( MUST be Dijon )
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules
- Salt and pepper
- Sprinkle of Rosemary herbs.
- 1/4 cup Cream
- ##### If you want this sauce with pasta then add cooked onion and bacon and cube the chicken #####
- Mix the mustard, vinegar, maple syrup, sugar, salt and pepper and garlic together.
- Place chicken fillets in your SC and sprinkle over the cornflour and pour the sauce over.
- Sprinkle with some Rosemary herbs.
- Cook on low for 5hrs or on high 1-2 hours ( check according to your SC as all cook differently ) .
- Ideally , you want the chicken just soft . Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Place the sauce in a saucepan and reduce to half , then add in the cream and thicken if needed.
- You can remove the chicken and add cornflour and thicken direct in the SC I just like reducing it because of more intense flavours.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think