A lovely warming chilli, rich in flavour but not too spicy. You can easily add diced vegetables if desired – I just kept this as ‘bit’ free as possible for my children.
Submitted by Joanne Pinnock
Warming chilli con carne
A lovely warming chilli, rich in flavour but not too spicy. You can easily add diced vegetables if desired - I just kept this as 'bit' free as possible for my children.
- 500g lean beef steak mince
- Tin of chopped tomatoes
- Tin of red kidney beans
- Small teaspoon of cumin
- Teaspoon of oregano
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
- Teaspoon of English mustard
- 3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- Generous squeeze of tomato sauce
- Beef stock cube
- 250ml lager
- 5 tablespoons of lime juice
- Chilli to taste (I used half a teaspoon of lazy red chillies)
- Half a teaspoon of chipotle paste
- Break mince up in slow cooker bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well together.
- Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Place a tea towel under the lid and cook for a further 2 hours on LOW to thicken sauce.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think