Submitted by Nikki
- 500g casserole venison
- 1/2 cup flour seasoned with 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1 tsp paprika and 1tsp mixed herbs
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup water (or red wine or beef stock)
- Potato - 1 large
- Kumara (sweet potato) - 1 large
- Carrot - 1 large
- Peas - 1 cup frozen
- Could also use mushrooms, onions, beetroot, corn, celery, broccoli, cauli
- Cut venison into chunks.
- Blendflour, salt and pepper, paprika and herbs andthen coat venison in this and brown in oil in frying pan.
- Place into slow cooker once browned.
- Dice the potato, kumara and carrot.
- Add rest of coating mix, tomato paste, water and vegetables except for any frozen vege.
- First hour on high and then 3 hours on low.
- Add frozen vege and broccoli if using approx 20 minutes before end of cooking.
- Thicken prior to serving if required.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think