Submitted by Bernadette Mauro
Vegetarian Pearl Barley Risotto
- 1 1/2 cups pearl barley
- 420g tin 4 bean mix, drained
- 400g veges (I used a mix of frozen and tinned)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp Mixed herbs
- 1tblsp minced garlic
- 6 cups stock
- Fry onion until soft then addgarlic and herbs. Add pearl barley and stir for about a min or 2.
- Then add this to slow cooker along with veges and stock.
- Cook on low for 6 hrs.
- I also added 1/4 cup grated tasty cheese at the end and served sprinkled with grated cheese and freshly ground black pepper.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!