Submitted by Ngaire Foreman
- 1 Tbsp Canola oil
- 4 med Carrots (about 2 cups) sliced1/4 inch thick
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 4-5 red potatoes, diced
- 1 Sweet potato diced
- 1/4 small pumpkin diced
- 1-2 cups fresh or frozen beans
- 3 Cups canned chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 Large tomatoes, diced
- 2 Cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- In a saute pan, heat the oil until hot. Add the carrots and onion and saute for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic, curry powder, cumin, garam masala, and turmeric to the pan. Continue to cook for 2 minutes more, until the spices become more fragrant.
- Next remove the vegetables from the pan and transfer to slow cooker. Add potatoes, pumpkin, sweet potato, green beans, chickpeas, tomatoes and vegetable stock to slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 5 1/2 hours. Add the peas and coconut milk and cook for 15 minutes more. Serve with rice.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think