A yummy pasta dish filled with all the veggies you can think of & the kids won’t even realise.
Submitted by Deanna Rankin
Vegetable Medley Pasta
A yummy pasta dish filled with all the veggies you can think of & the kids won't even realise.
- 5 Cups of Vegetable Stock
- 1 tin of Chick Peas (drained)
- 1 tin of crushed/diced tomatoes
- 2-3 Carrots sliced
- 2 x Zucchinis sliced
- 3 x Celery sticks sliced
- 1 cup of Beans chopped
- Sweet potato diced
- 1 brown onion diced
- 1 - 2 cups Broccoli diced
- 1 cup Beans chopped
- 3/4 - 1 cup Peas
- 3/4 - 1 cup Corn
- 1 - 2 cups Pumpkin diced
- 4 cloves of Garlic (optional)
- 1 tsp Cummin Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- Chopped up garden greens (optional, I used spinach, kale & mustard greens from my garden)
- 2 handfuls of Brown Rice (1/2 to 3/4 cup in total)
- 250g of Spiral Pasta
- Cracked pepper & veggie salt.
- (All veggies and quantities are optional to suit your own tastes)
- Chop all the veggies & put into slow cooker with tin tomato & chick peas & stock.
- Cook on High for 4-5 hours (depends on your slow cooker)
- In the last hour put the brown rice & pasta in & add more water (1 cup) if needed
- Let cook for another hour
- — Notes
- I cook this in my 5.5 Ltr cooker, you can alter quantities to suit yours.
- All veggies and quantities are optional to suit your own tastes.
- If you want it more soupy just add extra water.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think