Submitted by Jenny
Vegan Mexican Beans
- 2 cups dried 4 bean mix (soaked)
- 1/2 cup extra dried chickpeas (soaked)
- 1/2 cup green lentils
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 2 tins crushed tomato
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Burrito spice mix (1 used 2 packs for this amount) otherwise you could use cumin, salt, smoked paprika, chilli
- 4 cloves garlic (or however much you like)
- Bunch parsley
- 1 Spanish onion
- Cup frozen corn
- 1 diced carrot
- Any other vegetables you like to add - I think that fresh beans, broccoli and mushrooms would be nice to add.
- Extra water as lentils absorb water
- Plus quinoa, rice or tortillas and salad to serve
- Ensure you soak the dried beans overnight or they wont cook properly.
- If using canned beans ensure that you rinse them thoroughly.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and mix to combine. Stir occasionally to ensure beans don't stick.
- Cook for 8hrs on low
- Add extra water as required.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!