Submitted by Larell Adney Strickland
Vanilla Scones (Weight Watchers Friendly)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into chunks (I used light butter)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- coarse sugar, for sprinkling on scone before baking, if desired
- Vanilla glaze
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbls. milk (I used non-fat)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the butter and blend with fork, whisk or pastry blender leaving some lumps no bigger than a pea.
- In a small bowl stir the buttermilk, egg and vanilla with a fork. Add to the flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into cupcake holders or pat dough out to 1 inch thick and cut with desired shape.
- Use tea towel under lid and cook in slow cooker for 2 hours.
- Mix glaze ingredients with whisk and pour glaze over scone while it is still warm. Enjoy!!
- (Recipe makes 10 and for Weight Watchers it is 7 points plus per scone)
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think