Submitted by Karen Stuckings
Upside Down Pineapple Cake
- 60 grams butter room temperature
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Glazed cherries
- 432 gram pineapple slices in natural juice (drained reserving 2 tablespoons of juice)
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- 175 grams castor sugar
- 125 grams self raising flour
- 50 grams butter room temperature
- Line cake tin with baking paper.
- In a small bowl mix together 60 grams butter with the brown sugar.
- Spread mixture over the bottom and sides of the lined tin.
- Arrange pineapple slices, pushing into brown sugar mixture, place a glazed cherry in the middle of each pineapple slice.
- In a bowl beat eggs with the pinch of salt, add castor sugar and beat until thick and sugar has dissolved. Fold in flour gently using a spatula. Heat reserved juice in a cup and add butter, stir until melted. I heated the juice in the microwave.
- Lastly add half of the butter to the cake mix and gently combine then do the same with the other half of the butter.
- Pour into cake tin.
- In slow cooker put an inch of water and then the cake tin raised off the bottom, tea towel under lid.
- Cook on high for 1 - 2 hours
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
1 thought on “Upside Down Pineapple Cake”
Not too bad. The Family loved it with ice cream as did I. I truly did not know what to expect but it came out really well. I learnt a lot from this first try and I’m sure my next attempt will be even better. I love pineapple so Thank you Karen for a great recipe.